Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Leadership of Muhammad


The Leadership of Muhammad
by John Adair
(Kogan Page Limited - 2010)
  
What better to read during Ramadan then something about the life of the Prophet (PUBH).  While I didn’t expect this book to be about a biography of Muhammad (PUBH), I was hoping to acquire some knowledge about his leadership style.  In this, I was a tad disappointed.

I’m not very familiar with John Adair, but his biography inside the book makes him out to be a leadership guru and with over 50 books to his name.

Having served in the Arab Legion, he has acquainted himself with Bedouin culture and he uses this knowledge to piece together desert life in this book.   To me this book is more about how these Bedouin beliefs have influenced the leadership style of the Prophet which would, at best, be considered ‘Tribal’.

Anyway it still is an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment